By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
BolanewsBolanews
  • Home
  • Zambia
    • National Teams
      • Chipolopolo
      • Copper Queens
    • Domestic Competition
      • Super League
      • National First Division
      • ABSA Cup
    • Womens
  • Rest of Africa
    • PSL
    • Zimbabwe Premier League
    • TNM Super League
  • Europe
    • English Premier League
    • La Liga
    • Bundesliga
    • Serie A
    • UEFA Champions League
    • Europa League
  • BolaChat
  • Bet Academy
    • S’kulu Ya Betting
    • Betting Stats Centre
    • Team Streaks
  • Bolabet
    • Betting Tips
    • Sign Up
    • Play Aviator
    • Promotions
Reading: FIFA Disappointed with Court Order, FAZ Elections remain halted
Share
Aa
Aa
BolanewsBolanews
Search
Follow US
© 2022 Bolanews
African Football

FIFA Disappointed with Court Order, FAZ Elections remain halted

FIFA has expressed disappointment over the halting of the FAZ elective general meeting in Livingstone.

Calvin Kaumba Chikenge
Calvin Kaumba Chikenge Published March 29, 2025
Share
4 Min Read

FIFA has confirmed that it will not intervene in the ongoing legal dispute that is preventing the Football Association of Zambia’s (FAZ) Elective General Meeting from taking place today in Livingstone.

In a dramatic turn of events, the High Court of Zambia issued an interim injunction restraining the FAZ from proceeding with its scheduled elections. The ruling, delivered on Friday, effectively halted the FAZ Electoral Process.

The case, filed by Humphry Mwape Musonda in his capacity as General Secretary of Damiano Academy Football Club, named FAZ President Andrew Kamanga and FAZ General Secretary Reuben Kamanga as the first and second defendants, respectively. The Sports Council of Zambia was also cited as a third defendant in the matter.

The plaintiff argued that FAZ’s leadership had overstayed its term and that the electoral process lacked transparency.

Gelson Fernandez, FIFA’s Deputy Chief of Member Associations, expressed disappointment with the situation and stated that a report will be submitted on the matter in due course.

He also warned that the consequences, which may include a ban, are very likely.

FIFA Senior Member Association Governance Manager Ahmed Harraz also said: “The situation will be assessed, the reports will be submitted internally. There is an injunction stopping the AGM from taking place after almost all the delegates have arrived after the FIFA, CAF, and COSAFA delegation has arrived, which we believe the decision, maybe it was taken a bit too fast without taking into consideration the consequence even financially on the federation and on the members of FAZ.”

Nothing changes, No AGM

And FAZ Secretary General Kamanga in his latest briefing has told the delegates that the elections will not take place as there has been no communication from the court following the injunction.

“We don’t have any information to the contrary. So unfortunately, as we indicated yesterday, FIFA as well have confirmed they are actually going to the airport as we speak,” Kamanga said. “There is no indication that this meeting will take place. So, I thought I should just make it very official to you that we have not started anything to start the process of having a meeting because there is no action that has come from the court on the two actions that were taken against the association. So I thought I should give you this brief that unfortunately at this point the AGM will not be taking place. Thank you.”

Reuben Kamanga.

Earlier this month, FIFA issued a strong warning to the FAZ following a proposal from the National Sports Council of Zambia (NSCZ) regarding the establishment of a transitional committee, an independent electoral committee, and a comprehensive review of the electoral process.

In a letter to FAZ General Secretary Kamanga, FIFA highlighted concerns that such directives by the NSCZ could violate the organization’s statutes, potentially leading to sanctions, including suspension.

READ MORE: Mutondo Stars Finally Finds Coach To Replace George Chilufya

Sponsored Ad

You Might Also Like

Lwandamina gives hint on Chipolopolo AFCON qualifiers squad

Musonda Targets League Title and Golden Boot atZesco United

Chipepo Reveals ZESCO United’s League Title Target

Power Dynamos Edge Red Arrows in CAF Pre-Season Test

‘You Can’t Afford to Lose Games’ – Syabeene Warns Napsa Stars

Sign Up For Promotions!

Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

    By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
    Calvin Kaumba Chikenge March 29, 2025
    Share this Article
    Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
    Share
    Posted by Calvin Kaumba Chikenge
    Follow:
    Calvin Kaumba Chikenge is an award-winning Zambian multimedia sports journalist well known for his exclusive stories and feature writing. He was voted 2023/24 MTN/FAZ Super League journalist of the year. In addition to reporting on sports for Spring TV, he interned for the Zambia Daily Mail newspaper. He is the current Ballon d'Or juror and has contributed to numerous international publications, including the Guardian in the UK, and is the editor of BolaNews.
    Previous Article (Photo via Mutondo Stars FC media) Mutondo Stars Finally Finds Coach To Replace George Chilufya
    Next Article Nicholas Mulilo Reveals His Target At Mines United

    Follow Us

    58.3k Followers Like
    4.5k Followers Follow
    1.3k Followers Follow
    Youtube Subscribe

    Latest News

    Nation Dube worried as LDF Ladies take on Zesco Ndola Girls
    COSAFA Womens Cup Women's Football August 21, 2026
    Mwenya Chipepo with Zesco United players. (Photo via ZUFC media)
    Chipepo explains what was missing at Zesco Utd last season
    Zambian Super League August 21, 2026
    George Lwandamina at Nkoloma stadium in Lusaka. (Picture by Lucky Chama)
    Lwandamina gives hint on Chipolopolo AFCON qualifiers squad
    Chipolopolo August 21, 2026
    Musonda Targets League Title and Golden Boot atZesco United
    Zambian Super League August 21, 2026
    //

    Bolanews is your best bet when it comes to soccer news. Get previews, results and predictions from the experts here.

    Popular markets

    Premier League Betting
    Champions League Betting
    Zambia Super League Betting
    Basketball Betting
    Table Tennis Betting
    UFC Betting

    Sign Up For Promotions!

    Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

      BolanewsBolanews
      Follow US

      © 2022 Bolanews.

      Welcome Back!

      Sign in to your account

      Lost your password?