By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
BolanewsBolanews
  • Home
  • Soccer News
    • Zambia
      • Super League
      • Chipolopolo
      • National First Division
    • Zimbabwe Premier League
    • Rest of Africa
      • PSL
      • TNM Super League
    • Europe
      • English Premier League
      • La Liga
      • Bundesliga
      • Serie A
      • UEFA Champions League
      • Europa League
    • Womens
  • Live Scores
  • Bet Academy
    • Betting Tips
  • Bolabet
    • Sign Up
    • Play Aviator
    • Promotions
    • Skulu Ya Betting
Reading: “I am committed to Power Dynamos” — Shumah
Share
Aa
Aa
BolanewsBolanews
Search
  • Home
  • Zambia
    • Super League
    • Chipolopolo
    • National First Division
  • Zimbabwe Premier League
  • Rest of Africa
    • PSL
    • TNM Super League
  • Europe
    • English Premier League
    • La Liga
    • Bundesliga
    • Serie A
    • UEFA Champions League
    • Europa League
  • Womens
  • Betting Tips
  • Bet Academy
    • S’kulu Ya Betting
    • Betting Stats Centre
    • Team Streaks
  • Bolabet
    • Sign Up
    • Play Aviator
    • Promotions
Follow US
© 2022 Bolanews
Zambian Super League

“I am committed to Power Dynamos” — Shumah

Power Dynamos striker stays focused on goals and Champions League ambitions despite transfer interest and national team snubs

Calvin Kaumba Chikenge
Calvin Kaumba Chikenge Published April 17, 2026
Share
2 Min Read
(Photo via PDFC media)

Kenyan striker Moses Shumah has taken the Zambian Super League by storm, scoring 20 goals in 25 games against 11 different teams.

He has become the first player to reach the 20-goal mark in the league since Idriss Mbombo in 2018 and is closing in on the long-standing record set by Zesco United legend Winstone Kalengo, who netted 28 goals in 2006.

With his current form helping to propel Power Dynamos in their title defence, there is growing interest from clubs in Tanzania and South Africa eyeing his signature.

Asked whether he would stay at Power Dynamos next season, Shumah said, “For now I am a Power Dynamos player, and I am committed to my team.”

“I wont say anything about the interest or say anyone has approached me but now I am just focusing on getting the team back to the Champions League.”

Zambian league more competitive – Shumah

Before joining Power Dynamos last year, Shumah scored 17 goals in the Kenya Premier League. He, however, believes the Zambian league is more competitive.

“I can not say the Zambian league is easy. The intensity is too high compared to the Kenyan league. Playing in the Kenyan league in the last three seasons has sharpened me to be where I am today. So I will say the Kenyan league has helped me play in the Zambian league, but the Zambian league is better than the Kenyan league.”

Despite his electric form this season, Shumah has been snubbed for national team call-ups twice by coach Bennie McCarthy. He remains unbothered and says he will continue focusing on scoring goals.

“I won’t say I know the reason why they don’t call me, because I think that’s for the officials and the coach. My part is just to push and score goals, that’s all. I don’t know the other side.”

READ ALSO: Power Dynamos Extends Lead; NAPSA Stars Lose To Nkwazi, Chilumba Reacts

Sponsored Ad

You Might Also Like

Nyirenda worried by Super League transition ahead of AFCON qualifiers

Nkana Fan Arrested After FC MUZA Team Bus Damaged Near Stadium

Zambian striker Ingoma Mwanza reflects on ‘difficult’ injury-laden season in Spain

Mudenda tips holding midfielders to adopt new systems of modern football

Mulenga explains why the ZPL is not ready for league expansion

Sign Up For Promotions!

Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

    By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
    Calvin Kaumba Chikenge April 17, 2026
    Share this Article
    Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
    Share
    Posted by Calvin Kaumba Chikenge
    Follow:
    Calvin Kaumba Chikenge is an award-winning Zambian multimedia sports journalist well known for his exclusive stories and feature writing. He was voted 2023/24 MTN/FAZ Super League journalist of the year. In addition to reporting on sports for Spring TV, he interned for the Zambia Daily Mail newspaper. He is the current Ballon d'Or juror and has contributed to numerous international publications, including the Guardian in the UK, and is the editor of BolaNews.
    Previous Article Nkwazi Boost Survival Hopes with Crucial Win Over Napsa Stars
    Next Article Chambishi Pleased as Konkola Blades End Winless Run

    Follow Us

    58.3k Followers Like
    4.5k Followers Follow
    1.3k Followers Follow
    Youtube Subscribe

    Latest News

    ZESCO Ndola Girls’ 2025-26 Zambian Women’s Super League title-winning season by numbers
    Women's Football May 21, 2026
    Chambeshi describes Zambia’s AFCON 2027 draw as fair
    African Cup Of Nations Chipolopolo May 21, 2026
    Malawi can still qualify for AFCON despite Egypt, Angola draw
    African Cup Of Nations May 21, 2026
    Let Nora pick her own technical bench – FAZ told
    Copper Queens May 20, 2026
    //

    Bolanews is your best bet when it comes to soccer news. Get previews, results and predictions from the experts here.

    Sign Up For Promotions!

    Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

      BolanewsBolanews
      Follow US

      © 2022 Bolanews.

      Go to mobile version
      Welcome Back!

      Sign in to your account

      Lost your password?