By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
BolanewsBolanews
  • Home
  • Zambia
    • National Teams
      • Chipolopolo
      • Copper Queens
    • Domestic Competition
      • Super League
      • National First Division
      • ABSA Cup
    • Womens
  • Rest of Africa
    • PSL
    • Zimbabwe Premier League
    • TNM Super League
  • Europe
    • English Premier League
    • La Liga
    • Bundesliga
    • Serie A
    • UEFA Champions League
    • Europa League
  • BolaChat
  • Bet Academy
    • S’kulu Ya Betting
    • Betting Stats Centre
    • Team Streaks
  • Bolabet
    • Betting Tips
    • Sign Up
    • Play Aviator
    • Promotions
Reading: Chabwe reacts to reports of delayed bonuses to Kabwe Warriors players
Share
Aa
Aa
BolanewsBolanews
Search
Follow US
© 2022 Bolanews
Zambian Super League

Chabwe reacts to reports of delayed bonuses to Kabwe Warriors players

Kabwe Warriors CEO, Chilombo Chabwe despite rubbishing the rumors confirmed a delay in settling of the bonuses.

Julius Malulu
Julius Malulu Published May 2, 2026
Share
2 Min Read

Kabwe Warriors FC, Chief Executive Officer Chilombo Chabwe has downplayed social media reports suggesting that the club is struggling to pay it’s players.

Reports on social media indicated Kabwe Warriors, players have gone months without receiving winning bonuses.

The Kabwe-based side has performed fairly this season, amidst reports of lack of motivation from the employer.

Kabwe Warriors are fifth placed with 46 points from 29 matches played so far.

The Magnificent Peoples’ team has managed to win thirteen games, drawn seven, and lost nine games so far in the campaign.

On the other hand, Kabwe Warriors suffered a humiliating elimination from the 2026 ABSA Cup tournament going down to losing semi-finalist, Chirundu United on post-match penalties.

However, despite the team’s fine performance this season, the club has continued to struggle to pay the players their dues.

Speaking in an interview with Bolanews, club chief executive officer Chilombo Chabwe despite rubbishing the rumors confirmed a delay in settling of the bonuses.

“We have been sorting out bonuses for some time now. Last week we paid some, so even this week we may pay some. It’s a continuous process; don’t listen to doomsayers,” said the CEO.

“Like I have always said, we have been talking to the boys and preparing them, so nothing has affected them; that’s why you see the team performing well, despite having experienced some issues. Our target remains the same, and we will continue encouraging the boys to keep working extra hard,” he added.

Meanwhile, on Wednesday, Kabwe Warriors beat city rival, Mines United 0-1 at the Godfrey Ucar Chitalu Stadium.

READ ALSO : Mumamba eyes win as Zanaco FC welcomes relegation-bound Mines United.

Sponsored Ad

You Might Also Like

Matthews Chabala reacts to joining Power Dynamos, reveals target

“We Will Display a Different Ball Game” – Nkwazi’s Tembo Warns Rivals

EXCLUSIVE: Zambia’s Mwanza, Yobe set to join Nyasa Big Bullets

Chabala Targets League Title, CAF Champions League Semis with Power Dynamos

ZESCO United appoint Chipepo as head coach, Chembo returns

Sign Up For Promotions!

Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

    By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
    Julius Malulu May 2, 2026
    Share this Article
    Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
    Share
    Posted by Julius Malulu
    Follow:
    Julius Malulu is a Bolanews sports journalist and football analyst from Zambia. He previously worked for United Voice and Radio Christian Voice as a sports reporter. He specializes in writing exclusive pieces and conducting interviews. He has appeared as an analyst on Znbc TV's Talking Football show, the radio Christian Voice Back Page, Camnet TV, and the Everything Bola Podcast.
    Previous Article “I can’t do it alone” -Tonge eyes season Golden Gloves Award
    Next Article Chambeshi explains goal-drought by his strikers this season

    Follow Us

    58.3k Followers Like
    4.5k Followers Follow
    1.3k Followers Follow
    Youtube Subscribe

    Latest News

    PISA, ITALY - MAY 1: Lameck Banda of US Lecce celebrates after scoring a goal during the Serie A match between Pisa SC and US Lecce at Arena Garibaldi on May 1, 2026 in Pisa, Italy. (Photo by Gabriele Maltinti/Getty Images)
    FIFA Clears Lameck Banda to Play for Al-Swehly Amid Lecce Dispute
    Chipolopolo Serie A August 17, 2026
    Lovemore Fazili. (Photo via FAM media)
    Fazili Reveals Why Malawi Lost WAFCON Final to Cameroon
    Women's African Cup of Nations Women's Football August 17, 2026
    (Photo via Fecafoot media)
    Cameroon Storm to Historic WAFCON Title After Crushing Malawi
    Women's African Cup of Nations August 17, 2026
    Matthews Chabala reacts to joining Power Dynamos, reveals target
    Zambian Super League August 16, 2026
    //

    Bolanews is your best bet when it comes to soccer news. Get previews, results and predictions from the experts here.

    Sign Up For Promotions!

    Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

      BolanewsBolanews
      Follow US

      © 2022 Bolanews.

      Welcome Back!

      Sign in to your account

      Lost your password?