By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
BolanewsBolanews
  • Home
  • Zambia
    • National Teams
      • Chipolopolo
      • Copper Queens
    • Domestic Competition
      • Super League
      • National First Division
      • ABSA Cup
    • Womens
  • Rest of Africa
    • PSL
    • Zimbabwe Premier League
    • TNM Super League
  • Europe
    • English Premier League
    • La Liga
    • Bundesliga
    • Serie A
    • UEFA Champions League
    • Europa League
  • BolaChat
  • Bet Academy
    • S’kulu Ya Betting
    • Betting Stats Centre
    • Team Streaks
  • Bolabet
    • Betting Tips
    • Sign Up
    • Play Aviator
    • Promotions
Reading: Eric Chelle Reacts To Nigeria’s Elimination From CHAN Tournament
Share
Aa
Aa
BolanewsBolanews
Search
Follow US
© 2022 Bolanews
African Nations Championship (CHAN)

Eric Chelle Reacts To Nigeria’s Elimination From CHAN Tournament

The Super Eagles finished third in their group with 3 points.

Julius Malulu
Julius Malulu Published August 20, 2025
Share
2 Min Read

Nigeria Men’s National Team head coach Eric Chelle believes his side was not mentally ready to compete at the ongoing 2024 African Nations Championship tournament.

The Super Eagles beat Congo 2-0 at the Benjamin Mkapa Stadium to deny them a chance to progress to the knockout stages of the competition.

Nigeria’s elimination confirmed last week after they lost 4-0 to Sudan in their group match.

The Super Eagles had 3 points and finished third in their group.

In a post-match interview, Chelle expressed satisfaction with the team’s final performance.

“We showed our technical ability in the last part of the match, but we lost several balls before that,” he said.

“In any case we played well. Our performance was great, and we deserved to win the match. I really feel sorry because our last match was good, but the previous two matches had mistakes. We started at a high speed and had a lot of possession,” added the coach.

“The preparations for a CHAN tournament should start a year in advance.

“We weren’t ready to participate in this tournament. Whoever attends our training sessions will notice that our players weren’t mentally prepared to participate in this version of the tournament,” he said.

Online source.

“Our deep regrets stem from our heavy defeat to Sudan, but that’s football. We will carefully analyze the Sudan match to make up for what happened in the future,” he admitted.

Meanwhile, Nigeria will seek to bounce back stronger in the next version of the CHAN tournament after facing an early elimination from the tournament.

READ ALSO: “My Girls Will Do It” – Zulu Makes Bold Statement As Zesco Ndola Departures For COSAFA.

Sponsored AD

You Might Also Like

Kanyemba reacts to CAF’s plan to introduce U-17 WAFCON tournament

Tabitha Chawinga confident her sister, Temwa will one day win the Ballon d’Or.

Nation Dube worried as LDF Ladies take on Zesco Ndola Girls

Fazili reveals target as Malawi face Ghana for a WAFCON semis spot

We’ve an idea : Niyonzima on meeting Zesco Ndola Girls in CAF qualifiers

Sign Up For Promotions!

Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

    By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
    Julius Malulu August 20, 2025
    Share this Article
    Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
    Share
    Posted by Julius Malulu
    Follow:
    Julius Malulu is a Bolanews sports journalist and football analyst from Zambia. He previously worked for United Voice and Radio Christian Voice as a sports reporter. He specializes in writing exclusive pieces and conducting interviews. He has appeared as an analyst on Znbc TV's Talking Football show, the radio Christian Voice Back Page, Camnet TV, and the Everything Bola Podcast.
    Previous Article “My Girls Will Do It” – Zulu Makes Bold Statement As Zesco Ndola Departures For COSAFA
    Next Article George Chilufya Comments On Upcoming Kabwe Derby

    Follow Us

    58.3k Followers Like
    4.5k Followers Follow
    1.3k Followers Follow
    Youtube Subscribe

    Latest News

    Joseph Ssemujju reacts to joining Kansanshi Dynamos, reveals target
    Zambian Super League August 23, 2026
    It’s a short league: Mweene speaks ahead of ZPL transitional campaign
    Zambian Super League August 23, 2026
    Kanyemba reacts to CAF’s plan to introduce U-17 WAFCON tournament
    Women's Football August 22, 2026
    Tabitha Chawinga confident her sister, Temwa will one day win the Ballon d’Or.
    Women's African Cup of Nations Women's Football August 22, 2026
    //

    Bolanews is your best bet when it comes to soccer news. Get previews, results and predictions from the experts here.

    Popular markets

    Premier League Betting
    Champions League Betting
    Zambia Super League Betting
    Basketball Betting
    Table Tennis Betting
    UFC Betting

    Sign Up For Promotions!

    Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

      BolanewsBolanews
      Follow US

      © 2022 Bolanews.

      Welcome Back!

      Sign in to your account

      Lost your password?