By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
BolanewsBolanews
  • Home
  • Zambia
    • National Teams
      • Chipolopolo
      • Copper Queens
    • Domestic Competition
      • Super League
      • National First Division
      • ABSA Cup
    • Womens
  • Rest of Africa
    • PSL
    • Zimbabwe Premier League
    • TNM Super League
  • Europe
    • English Premier League
    • La Liga
    • Bundesliga
    • Serie A
    • UEFA Champions League
    • Europa League
  • BolaChat
  • Bet Academy
    • S’kulu Ya Betting
    • Betting Stats Centre
    • Team Streaks
  • Bolabet
    • Betting Tips
    • Sign Up
    • Play Aviator
    • Promotions
Reading: REVEALED: Arsène Wenger Impressed by Zambia’s Talent Despite Heavy U-17 AFCON Defeat
Share
Aa
Aa
BolanewsBolanews
Search
Follow US
© 2022 Bolanews
Africa Cup of Nations U17

REVEALED: Arsène Wenger Impressed by Zambia’s Talent Despite Heavy U-17 AFCON Defeat

Despite Zambia’s 6-1 loss to Burkina Faso, Arsène Wenger was reportedly impressed by the team’s talent and style

BolaNews Reporter
BolaNews Reporter Published April 11, 2025
Share
2 Min Read

Zambia’s youth development officer, Clifford Mulenga, says the under-17 national team’s ultimate goal was to qualify for the World Cup, a target that they have achieved.

Ian Bakala’s team bowed out of the Africa Cup of Nations in Morocco following a humiliating 6-1 defeat to Burkina Faso in the quarter finals on Thursday night.

The team was a shadow of what it had been in its first three games, leading to a lot of fans, journalists, and bloggers expressing disappointment at the poor performance in the match against Burkina Faso.

However, Mulenga, the head of youth development in the Technical Director’s office at the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ), has jumped to the defence of the team.

“We have bowed out of the U17 Africa Cup of Nations at the quarterfinal stage. We have achieved our target of qualifying for the U-17 World Cup in Qatar later this year,” Mulenga wrote to his Facebook followers.

Wenger was impressed – Mulenga

The ex-Chipolopolo midfielder revealed that during the game, he sat alongside legendary manager Arsène Wenger, who was impressed with Zambia’s style despite the loss. 

The former Arsenal manager serves as FIFA’s Chief of Global Football Development. In this role, he oversees various initiatives, including coaching programmes and technical analysis of games at FIFA tournaments.

“Sat next to Mr Arsène Wenger, one of the greatest coaches global football has produced. His reviews of our young footballers and style of play have really impressed him,” Mulenga claimed. “He [Wenger] says if he were still coaching, he would get five of our players. We can only get better.”

Meanwhile, in an interview, Mulenga confirmed having discussed with Wenger but could not reveal the identities of the players that had impressed the legendary manager.

READ MORE: Onana Under Fire for Continued Errors But Man Utd Coach Defends Him

Sponsored Ad

You Might Also Like

Matthews Chabala reacts to joining Power Dynamos, reveals target

“We Will Display a Different Ball Game” – Nkwazi’s Tembo Warns Rivals

ZESCO United appoint Chipepo as head coach, Chembo returns

Phiri explains why Kangwa’s move to Greece is a wrong deal, blames his agent

We’ve an idea : Niyonzima on meeting Zesco Ndola Girls in CAF qualifiers

Sign Up For Promotions!

Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

    By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
    BolaNews Reporter April 11, 2025
    Share this Article
    Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
    Share
    Previous Article Onana Under Fire for Continued Errors But Man Utd Coach Defends Him
    Next Article Beston Chambeshi has guided Konkola Blades to promotion to the MTN Super League. ‘Konkola Blades Is a Big Team’ – Chambeshi Fires Warning Ahead of Zesco ABSA Cup Clash

    Follow Us

    58.3k Followers Like
    4.5k Followers Follow
    1.3k Followers Follow
    Youtube Subscribe

    Latest News

    PISA, ITALY - MAY 1: Lameck Banda of US Lecce celebrates after scoring a goal during the Serie A match between Pisa SC and US Lecce at Arena Garibaldi on May 1, 2026 in Pisa, Italy. (Photo by Gabriele Maltinti/Getty Images)
    FIFA Clears Lameck Banda to Play for Al-Swehly Amid Lecce Dispute
    Chipolopolo Serie A August 17, 2026
    Lovemore Fazili. (Photo via FAM media)
    Fazili Reveals Why Malawi Lost WAFCON Final to Cameroon
    Women's African Cup of Nations Women's Football August 17, 2026
    (Photo via Fecafoot media)
    Cameroon Storm to Historic WAFCON Title After Crushing Malawi
    Women's African Cup of Nations August 17, 2026
    Matthews Chabala reacts to joining Power Dynamos, reveals target
    Zambian Super League August 16, 2026
    //

    Bolanews is your best bet when it comes to soccer news. Get previews, results and predictions from the experts here.

    Sign Up For Promotions!

    Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

      BolanewsBolanews
      Follow US

      © 2022 Bolanews.

      Welcome Back!

      Sign in to your account

      Lost your password?