By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
BolanewsBolanews
  • Home
  • Soccer News
    • Zambia
      • Super League
      • Chipolopolo
      • National First Division
    • Zimbabwe Premier League
    • Rest of Africa
      • PSL
      • TNM Super League
    • Europe
      • English Premier League
      • La Liga
      • Bundesliga
      • Serie A
      • UEFA Champions League
      • Europa League
    • Womens
  • Live Scores
  • Bet Academy
    • Betting Tips
  • Bolabet
    • Sign Up
    • Play Aviator
    • Promotions
    • Skulu Ya Betting
Reading: Al Fayha extends Sakala’s contract amid strong interest from other clubs
Share
Aa
Aa
BolanewsBolanews
Search
  • Home
  • Zambia
    • Super League
    • Chipolopolo
    • National First Division
  • Zimbabwe Premier League
  • Rest of Africa
    • PSL
    • TNM Super League
  • Europe
    • English Premier League
    • La Liga
    • Bundesliga
    • Serie A
    • UEFA Champions League
    • Europa League
  • Womens
  • Betting Tips
  • Bet Academy
    • S’kulu Ya Betting
    • Betting Stats Centre
    • Team Streaks
  • Bolabet
    • Sign Up
    • Play Aviator
    • Promotions
Follow US
© 2022 Bolanews
Saudi Pro League

Al Fayha extends Sakala’s contract amid strong interest from other clubs

Al Fayha has extended Sakala’s contract until 2026, the club has announced.

Calvin Kaumba Chikenge
Calvin Kaumba Chikenge Published July 9, 2024
Share
2 Min Read

Chipolopolo forward Fashion Sakala has extended his contract with Al Fayha until 2026, the club announced in a statement on Tuesday.

This follows numerous reports that, after an outstanding season with Al-Fayha, he was being pursued another Saudi Pro League side, Al-Ettifaq, a team coached by his former coach, Steven Gerald.

Sponsored Ad

In his debut season in the Saudi Pro League, the 27-year-old Zambian scored 19 goals and assisted six times. He was also Al-Fayha’s top scorer in the AFC Champions League, scoring three goals and assisting twice in eight games.

The fact that he has chosen to remain in Al Fayha is not surprising. In November last year, Sakala stated that he is happy in Saudi Arabia and fully committed to his current club.

“I am not thinking about that [returning to Europe],” he told BolaNews in an interview.

🎥|🟠
بعض القصص والتفاصيل السعيدة ،
في #الفيحاء .. ستبقى خالدة 🧡 @fashionjr10 pic.twitter.com/XINimNPMuK

— نادي الفيحاء السعودي (@AlfayhaSC) July 9, 2024

In Al Fayha’s statement on Tuesday, the club said, “The Al Fayha Club Board of Directors, led by Dr. Tawfiq Saleh Almodihem, has completed the procedures to extend the contract of professional player Fashion Junior Sakala with the first team for an additional season until 2026.”

Al Fayha, who finished ninth in the Saudi Pro League, also revealed that Sakala and his family are happy to stay with the club. 

“This decision was made because both sides wanted it to keep the team strong. Sakala is happy to stay with Alfayha, and his family enjoys living in Saudi Arabia and playing in a top league that is getting better. He promised to work hard to make Alfayha fans happy and help the team reach its goals.”

Sakala finished tied for third in the Saudi Pro League scoring chart this season with Abderrazak Hamdallah, trailing only Cristiano Ronaldo(35) and Aleksandar Mitrovic(28).

Sponsored Ad

You Might Also Like

Month of Love & Spins: Exciting Deals at Bolabet

Zambian players abroad weekend wrap: Kangwa and Sakala score

Botes issues warning ahead second leg fixture against Zambia

Motsepe Says 2026 WAFCON Will Go Ahead Amid Morocco Hosting Uncertainty

“We suffered a lot” – Chipepo Relieved as Nkana Continue Winning Run

Sign Up For Promotions!

Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

    By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
    Calvin Kaumba Chikenge July 9, 2024
    Share this Article
    Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
    Share
    Posted by Calvin Kaumba Chikenge
    Follow:
    Calvin Kaumba Chikenge is an award-winning Zambian multimedia sports journalist well known for his exclusive stories and feature writing. He was voted 2023/24 MTN/FAZ Super League journalist of the year. In addition to reporting on sports for Spring TV, he interned for the Zambia Daily Mail newspaper. He is the current Ballon d'Or juror and has contributed to numerous international publications, including the Guardian in the UK, and is the editor of BolaNews.
    Previous Article Zesco United’s Otieno sought after by Richards Bay
    Next Article Spain outshine France to advance to the Euro 2024 final

    Follow Us

    58.3k Followers Like
    4.5k Followers Follow
    1.3k Followers Follow
    Youtube Subscribe

    Latest News

    Chaloba: Power Dynamos Aiming to Win Champions League
    CAF Champions League February 17, 2026
    Haalubono to Lead Copper Queens at COSAFA in Häuptle’s Absence
    COSAFA Womens Cup February 17, 2026
    CAF Champions League Quarter-Final Line-Up Confirmed
    CAF Champions League February 16, 2026
    Robbers Steal K181,000 Gate Takings from Mufulira Wanderers After Sold-Out Match
    Zambian Super League February 16, 2026
    //

    Bolanews is your best bet when it comes to soccer news. Get previews, results and predictions from the experts here.

    Sign Up For Promotions!

    Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

      BolanewsBolanews
      Follow US

      © 2022 Bolanews.

      Go to mobile version
      Welcome Back!

      Sign in to your account

      Lost your password?