By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
BolanewsBolanews
  • Home
  • Soccer News
    • Zambia
      • Super League
      • Chipolopolo
      • National First Division
    • Rest of Africa
      • PSL
      • TNM Super League
    • Womens
    • Europe
      • English Premier League
      • La Liga
      • Bundesliga
      • Serie A
      • UEFA Champions League
      • Europa League
    • Betting Tips
  • Live Scores
  • EPL Fantasy League
  • Bolabet
    • Sign Up
    • Play Aviator
    • Promotions
    • Skulu Ya Betting
Reading: ‘I am fully committed,’ says Nora after salary delay
Share
Aa
Aa
BolanewsBolanews
Search
  • Home
  • Zambia
    • Super League
    • Chipolopolo
    • National First Division
  • Rest of Africa
    • PSL
    • TNM Super League
  • Womens
  • Europe
    • English Premier League
    • La Liga
    • Bundesliga
    • Serie A
    • UEFA Champions League
    • Europa League
  • Betting Tips
  • Transfer Centre
  • Bet Academy
    • S’kulu Ya Betting
    • Betting Stats Centre
    • Team Streaks
  • Bolabet
    • Sign Up
    • Play Aviator
    • Promotions
Follow US
© 2022 Bolanews
Copper Queens

‘I am fully committed,’ says Nora after salary delay

Hauptle says she remains fully committed to her role despite months-long salary delays, which the government now claims have been fully settled.

Calvin Kaumba Chikenge
Calvin Kaumba Chikenge Published May 25, 2025
Share
2 Min Read
Nora Häuptle's first training session with the Copper Queens at the Toyota Arena in Lusaka. (Photo via FAZ media)

Copper Queens head coach Nora Hauptle has reaffirmed her full commitment to leading the team, despite facing delays in salary payments since her appointment.

Appointed in January 2025, Hauptle had not received her full salary for four months. However, Minister of Youth, Sports and Arts Elvis Nkandu recently told BolaNews that the Swiss coach has now been paid in full.

“We have paid everything. It was $16,000 for four months, from January to April. Everything has been cleared,” Nkandu said in an interview during the Annual Sports Awards at the Mulungushi Conference Centre in Lusaka.

Hauptle took over from Bruce Mwape, who concluded a six-year stint as head coach of the Zambia Women’s National Team. The 41-year-old Swiss national signed a three-year contract with the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ).

Despite the earlier frustrations caused by the late payments, Hauptle remained composed when addressing the issue at a press conference on Saturday. She stated that she was unaware of the specific figures mentioned by the minister.

“I never heard these numbers but certain things are also concluded from agency to FA, and it’s not for me to speak. I’m here. I’m fully committed,” she responded.

Hauptle added: “I always deliver 150% or even more. So I’m curious and still very excited about the journey we’re going on. So I am committed.

“I’m here. I’m a rock, so nothing can make me shake.”

Hauptle returned to Zambia last week to prepare for upcoming international friendlies against South Africa and Botswana, scheduled for May 31 and June 2, respectively, in Johannesburg.

READ MORE: FIFA Awards Zambia Three Points In World Cup Qualifiers

Sponsored Ad

You Might Also Like

Chaiwa Scores on Debut but Hibernian Crash Out of Conference League

Morocco’s Regragui Prioritises Niger Fixture Over Zambia Clash

Grant Recalls Fashion Sakala, Zambia Squad for Morocco Clash Announced

Zambia’s David Hamansenya signs Four-year deal with C.D. Leganés

“I’m Not Happy” – Zulu Reacts After Zesco Ndola Girls Fail To Keep A Clean Sheet

Sign Up For Promotions!

Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

    By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
    Calvin Kaumba Chikenge May 25, 2025
    Share this Article
    Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
    Share
    Posted by Calvin Kaumba Chikenge
    Follow:
    Calvin Kaumba Chikenge is an award-winning Zambian multimedia sports journalist well known for his exclusive stories and feature writing. He was voted 2023/24 MTN/FAZ Super League journalist of the year. In addition to reporting on sports for Spring TV, he interned for the Zambia Daily Mail newspaper. He is the current Ballon d'Or juror and has contributed to numerous international publications, including the Guardian in the UK, and is the editor of BolaNews.
    Previous Article “Champions Show Up In Difficult Situations” – Cardoso Reacts After Sundowns Give Away Lead
    Next Article Chilufya’s Late Brace Seals Win for Midtjylland, But Title Slips Away

    Follow Us

    58.3k Followers Like
    4.5k Followers Follow
    1.3k Followers Follow
    Youtube Subscribe

    Latest News

    Zesco Beat Sundowns, One Win Away From CAF Women’s Champions League Qualification
    Women's Football August 29, 2025
    Chaiwa Scores on Debut but Hibernian Crash Out of Conference League
    Chipolopolo August 29, 2025
    Rio Ngumoha of Liverpool celebrates scoring the third goal during the Newcastle United vs Liverpool Premier League match at St. James' Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne. Picture credit should read: Nigel Roddis/Sportimage Credit: Sportimage Ltd/Alamy Live News
    Betting Preview: Matches To Bet On This Weekend
    Betting Tips August 29, 2025
    Sports Council Demands Answers Over Malawi U17’s Failed Eswatini Trip
    African Football August 29, 2025
    //

    Bolanews is your best bet when it comes to soccer news. Get previews, results and predictions from the experts here.

    Sign Up For Promotions!

    Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

      BolanewsBolanews
      Follow US

      © 2022 Bolanews.

      Go to mobile version
      Welcome Back!

      Sign in to your account

      Lost your password?