By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
BolanewsBolanews
  • Home
  • Zambia
    • National Teams
      • Chipolopolo
      • Copper Queens
    • Domestic Competition
      • Super League
      • National First Division
      • ABSA Cup
    • Womens
  • Rest of Africa
    • PSL
    • Zimbabwe Premier League
    • TNM Super League
  • Europe
    • English Premier League
    • La Liga
    • Bundesliga
    • Serie A
    • UEFA Champions League
    • Europa League
  • BolaChat
  • Bet Academy
    • S’kulu Ya Betting
    • Betting Stats Centre
    • Team Streaks
  • Bolabet
    • Betting Tips
    • Sign Up
    • Play Aviator
    • Promotions
Reading: FAZ Confirms Full Payment of AFCON 2025 Player Allowances
Share
Aa
Aa
BolanewsBolanews
Search
Follow US
© 2022 Bolanews
Chipolopolo

FAZ Confirms Full Payment of AFCON 2025 Player Allowances

Association thanks government for support and clarifies any unpaid claims are due to administrative errors, not delays.

BolaNews Reporter
BolaNews Reporter Published January 22, 2026
Share
2 Min Read
Zambia players with the mascot children sponsored by Visa during the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations AFCON match between Zambia and Comoros at the Mohamed V Stadium in Casablanca, Morocco on 26 December 2025 ©Nour Aknajja/BackpagePix

The Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) has revealed that all allowances owed to players who participated in the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) have been fully paid.

Zambia exited the AfCON at the group stage with a record of two draws and one loss at the tournament that Senegal eventually won in Morocco.

FAZ head of media Nkweto Tembwe has revealed that the association is grateful to the government for its continued support to the national team, noting that payments related to match results and daily allowances had been settled.

“So for 2025, AFCON, first of all, I must say, on behalf, of course, of the president [Keith Mweemba] and the ex-co members, the secretary at the Football Association is very grateful to the government, who always come in and support the senior Chipolopolo,” Tembwe said.

He clarified that allowances linked to the team’s performance at the tournament had already been disbursed.

“The two draws, we are paid for. The daily allowances we are paid for,” he said.

Tembwe further explained that any perception that some players were still owed could be attributed to technical or administrative challenges rather than a failure by FAZ to release funds.

“As we stand, if there’s a player who’s being owed, maybe it’s because there’s a complication,” he said.

He cited errors in bank details as a common cause of such complications. “I’ll tell you, there are certain players who, when giving you their account number, instead of 7-0, he writes 0-7,” Tembwe said.

He said this when he appeared on KBN TV’s Soccer 90 programme on Wednesday. 

READ ALSO: Chama Pledges Commitment and Loyalty on Simba Return

Sponsored Ad

You Might Also Like

‘You Can’t Afford to Lose Games’ – Syabeene Warns Napsa Stars

Mweetwa Sounds Warning Over Zambian Transitional League Delay

FIFA Clears Lameck Banda to Play for Al-Swehly Amid Lecce Dispute

“We Will Display a Different Ball Game” – Nkwazi’s Tembo Warns Rivals

Al-Swehly, Lecce Clash Over Lameck Banda Contract

Sign Up For Promotions!

Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

    By signing up, you agree to our Terms of Use and acknowledge the data practices in our Privacy Policy. You may unsubscribe at any time.
    BolaNews Reporter January 22, 2026
    Share this Article
    Facebook Twitter Whatsapp Whatsapp Copy Link
    Share
    Previous Article Chama Pledges Commitment and Loyalty on Simba Return
    Next Article Fifa lifts Bullets ban after paying Zimbabwe player USD15200

    Follow Us

    58.3k Followers Like
    4.5k Followers Follow
    1.3k Followers Follow
    Youtube Subscribe

    Latest News

    (Photo by NAPSA STARS FC media)
    ‘You Can’t Afford to Lose Games’ – Syabeene Warns Napsa Stars
    Zambian Super League August 20, 2026
    Mweetwa Sounds Warning Over Zambian Transitional League Delay
    Zambian Super League August 19, 2026
    Himonde Warns Power Dynamos, Red Arrows Ahead of CAF Campaign
    CAF Champions League August 19, 2026
    Temwa Chawinga with her Golden Boot award at the 2026 WAFCON. (Photo by FAM media)
    Temwa: ‘People Didn’t Believe in Us, But We Believed in Ourselves’
    Women's African Cup of Nations August 18, 2026
    //

    Bolanews is your best bet when it comes to soccer news. Get previews, results and predictions from the experts here.

    Popular markets

    Premier League Betting
    Champions League Betting
    Zambia Super League Betting
    Basketball Betting
    Table Tennis Betting
    UFC Betting

    Sign Up For Promotions!

    Subscribe with your cellphone number and get access to exclusive content, launches, promotions and partner giveaways!

      BolanewsBolanews
      Follow US

      © 2022 Bolanews.

      Welcome Back!

      Sign in to your account

      Lost your password?